In this episode you will hear the second half of my conversation with Dawn Baker, MD, an anesthesiologist, lifestyle design coach, wife, and mother, who has made her medical career fit her personal core values, and not just succumb to the expected traditional path that many physicians find themselves on.
In this episode Dr. Baker shares:
- One way “to embark on a self-knowledge journey, and how to really be in tune with your values…”
- Her own experiences with her different slow travels, and how they have always given her epiphanies and learning experiences.
- Her first locum tenens assignment which was intentionally chosen to be in an exotic location, blending her and her husband’s love of travel and learning of new cultures, while raising their 3 year old daughter.
- How she eventually decided to leave her 10-year “dream job” faculty position, and now practices solely as a traveling locum tenens physician.
- How she incorporated the life dreams of her husband, his career, the needs of their growing daughter, and her own life desires to create a life of balance and fulfillment for the entire family.
… and other learning experiences!
Dr. Baker's message to all physicians: “in order to dream, the first thing you need to do is know yourself”.
Dare to Dream Physician Resources:
You can sign up for one-on-one life planning at Dare to Dream Physician https://daretodreamphysician.com
Dare to Dream Physician on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/daretodreamphysician/
@DreamPhysician on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/dreamphysician/
There's exciting news at the Dare to Dream Physician! For those of you who wish to get clarity on your own "why", and get energized as you explore, envision, and create your dream life, I am taking on a limited number of one-on-one clients for Life Planning! To get the complete details, visit my website at Dare to Dream Physician https://daretodreamphysician.com